Airport checking and frisking kids and babies

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packsaddle, the comment cane from the discussion of Jewry on page 3 of this thread.

And, no, most times you can't see them. They look like everybody else on the street. But my point was to oppose someone who seemed to think we don't have Jewish people in the South. As a matter of fact, the first Jewish National official was in the CSA, not the USA.

And, again, there is no legitimate reason to have to remove your belt, that I have ever heard. Your Charlotte experience was strange. We'll find out in a couple of weeks. I'm flying to Seattle and have no intention of removing my belt. I want to keep my trousers in the proper place, not on the floor.

Page 3...Now I remember...that was over a year ago, no wonder I forgot. Good luck on refusing to take off that belt. I've spent some time with 'Group W' before...you might want to allow some extra time for the security clearance. Best of success to you!

• 2 months later...

Flew out of and back to Charlotte over Labor Day (returning the same day the Democratic National Cluster was coming to town! Airport motto for the week: "Come early, come naked!"). And yeah, the guy in front of me had to take off his web/plastic belt.

Security in Charlotte leaving on Friday was actually a breeze. They were ramped up for the circus and the place was empty when we went through. I went through the nudie scanner and it buzzed so I had to step out while they recalibrated. They had me go through older scanner instead of waiting. While I was gathering my stuff on the other side, the TSA guy said I was lucky the nudie scanner blinked. He said I had change in my pocket and they would have normally pulled me off for the full monty. I had emptied my pockets and I knew I didn't have any change. Yeah, you do, I heard it, the guy said. I stuck my hand back in the pocket and, sure nuff, the pocket was folded under and there were a few coins in there. I pulled them out, held them in my hand and asked the guy, "How much?" He just grinned.

He was nice enough, but my question is if they knew I had change in my pocket (and probably COULD have told me how much) then why was I just before getting groped?

Woapalane, congratulations. Care to share which airport has come to its senses with regard to belts?

Twocubdad, CLT was the airport where I first encountered the belt stupidity and it was also where TSA frisked me and then x-rayed a single coin that I had missed in my pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Flew from GSP, then out of DFW last weekend. Kept my "airport friendly" belt on both ways. No problem. Thought Dallas, being such a big airport, would be a problem. Not so. As a matter of fact, DFW security was the smoothest I have ever encountered. They have a number of small stations, so there's not a big long line at a single one, like some other airports.