Can Anybody Relate to This??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not surprised! If you look closely at his shirt, you can clearly see he is one of those antisocial pot stirring disillusioned "Trekies" . You know...a Star Trek fan.

Now, had the blogger been a Star Wars fan, who tend to be multi cutural sensitive and of a more moralistic nature, there wouldn't have been a blog issue at all!

LOL! YEP! That wcomic was dead on! :)

SMT224...

Somewhere between the

"Cats are meant to roam and prowl - not be on leashes!"

and

"Packs of dogs are not natural!" crowd?

Or maybe the "The last 400 guns laws didn't stop all the hell bent career criminals so lets make yet another gun law, and see if they listen to THIS one!" group?

LOL!

I'm deeply offended by that comic and this entire discussion.

Unfortunately, based on my experience in this forum, I feel compelled to say I'm just kidding, otherwise at least a few people will think I'm serious. (No offense.)

Actually Scoutfish, if you look carefully, it is the Trekkie (note that there are TWO k's in that) who is being assailed by the offended, not the other way around. I know, of course, that you're just trying to compensate for the fact that we have better starships than you do, but still....

Qapla!

I for one will wait until Merlyn and Ed have debated this issue to death as to what is true and politically correct before I decide, lol. Live Long and Prosper to all you trekkers out there.

Some of us refer to ourselves as "Trekkies", regardless of the pejorative nature that the term has accrued. Supposedly, Rodenberry himself preferred "Trekkie" to "Trekker". A fair amount of debate goes on in the Trek world over which term is preferable, and how one might distinguish one from the other. Some have suggested that "A Trekker is the one who ISN'T living in his mother's basement"; Other have contended that "A Trekkie demands quality in the franchise, and won't accept any mere scraps that Paramount doles out" (Under this definition, a Trekkie is less likely to have been fond of the prequel series "Enterprise" or the J.J. Abrams movie). Personally, I have always preferred this definition:

The ultimate dream of a Trekker is to be on the set of the bridge of the Enterprise.

The ultimate dream of a Trekkie is to be ON the bridge of the Enterprise.