Get out and vote tomorrow!

I voted this afternoon, took me maybe 15 minutes. The poll workers told me that by 1pm today they'd already seen greater turn out than in the entire primary election and they figured we were on pace for 60% or better of eligible voters in the precinct to actually vote. Not bad.

I don't believe there's a lot of suspense about who is going to win the presidency tonight, at this point. Some of the major news media are saying they'll call the election as early as 7-7:30pm, depending on what happens in VA and IN (polls close at 7) and in NC and OH (polls close at 7:30). Not sure I like that idea of calling it so early to be honest - not much excitement after that, is there. Not to mention that half the country will still be voting at that time. But what can you do.

So for me, the suspense will come in seeing whether or not Obama gets more than 40% of the vote in my Republican-dominated county. We all have to have something to look forward to, right?

(By the way, my 14 year old is hooked on elections now I think. He's been following this more closely than I have and is marveling at the notion that next time in 2012, he'll get to vote too.)

I heard on the radio yesterday that people were getting official looking emails telling folks that Obama voters should go on Wednesday. It's hard to believe anyone would be that gullible, but I do see that a lot of middle-aged folks went out to vote for the first time in this election. Apparently, the emails didn't work, judging by the election results. :)

Yeah. Obama won yesterday and they havn't even counted the Democratic votes to be cast today. Imagine that. What can you say when Republicans vote in a liberal black man as President? Truely a transformational time. :)

SA(This message has been edited by scoutingagain)

I heard about it. Here's what I could find online:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2008/11/bogus-text-tell.html

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/11/bogus-robo-text.html

One thing I heard was that whoever concocted it was clever enough to route it through Democratic Party computers to try to cover their tracks. I suspect the students weren't fooled, considering (as Kahuna noted) the result.