The Lord is on our side!

Well, Trevorum, I don't know who you are quoting, but I believe you have summed up what I said earlier. From reading some of your prior posts, I suspect we rarely agree. I have a feeling I might be surprised when you reveal the author. But please do...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we often forget that WE need to be on the Lord's side, not that we should expect HIM to be on our side.

God does answer our prayers, but it's not always the answer we were looking for. I'm sure there are people from both parties who are praying for their candidate to win. So, when one wins, does that mean God liked that candidate better, or does it mean that more people prayed for the winner, so God rewarded them? Personally, I don't pray specifically for McCain to win. Instead I pray that God will help people make the choice that will best honor God. In my mind, abortion is a huge affront to God, but the Bible says all sins are equal, so who knows how God would rate the candidates. Now, Catholics rank sins differently, with murder being a mortal sin, and lying, stealing, etc. being less of a sin. So, I'm surprised that Catholics are willing to vote for pro-abortion candidates.

Pro-choice is not necessarily pro-abortion. It certainly IS pro- individual decision and pro- individual responsibility (aka individual freedom). I used to think those were 'conservative' values but I was evidently in error.

But the choice can also be choice NOT to have an abortion. Right now, that is the majority of choices that are made.

funscout,

Point of clarification, I dont believe the Bible says, All sins are equal. I believe it is more accurate to say that the Bible teaches that all sins will separate us from God and will result in his judgment. Thus, without repentenence and a belief in Christ as Lord and Savior, all sinners are destined for damnation. Given the result, I can see why some would believe all sins are equal. However, I dont believe God views all sins in the same light (e.g. the murder/torture of a child verse one who steals a loaf of bread to feed his family). If I am wrong, please correct me and provide the verses that support that idea. By my reading of the Bible, some sins seem to capture Gods attention and wrath more than others.

SR540

I am just curious do you have a degree in theology or are you are just repeating something you were told or read by another misinformed soul. The quote "the wages of sin is death" in the Bible can be taken out of context and twisted to mean anything you want, you need to read the entire scripture this quote comes from and have a good understanding of the stylized prose the biblical writers wrote with before you can make such generalized statements.

"Pro-choice is not necessarily pro-abortion."

Liberal dancing around the issue. If you are "pro-choice" you are in favor of women being allowed to slaughter their unborn children for the sake of convenience. They made their choice when they dropped their drawers.

If we're allowed to slaughter unborn children, why not new-borns? Heck, why not your 12 year old because you want to on vacation without him?

BadenP,

I do have a degree in religion from Oklahoma Baptist University and did a year towards a masters in religious education at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and spent some time in the ministry. I was making a simple point and not doing an exegetical analysis.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death (eternal spiritual death/seperation from God), but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Tell me, which sins DO NOT seperate us from God and which ones DO? I'm sure mass murder would. Would stealing a candy bar not? We are saved by grace, not by a ledger card showing degrees of sin.

Isaiah 59:1 Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. 2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

well, you knew somebody would have to so this, so

When human egg and sperm unite there forms a mass of cells that have the potential to be the founder of the cure for cancer. Perhaps the greatest artistic genius known to humankind or maybe the greatest athelete ever. Perhaps this mass of cells will merely become a much loved child, loving parent, and soul mate of another mass of cells. What were two separate cells unit to form a single cell which then starts to divide. The mass of cells may have a different blood type of the host in which it dwells. It will have different genetic material than the host in which it dwells. Here lies one of the miracles of life, that a mass of developing cells

When does a human fetus, embryo whatever become a human being? At birth? When viable outside the womb? When genetic material comes together and begins to grow? I know my answer but am unsure to convince those who disagree but I had to post my view

"Because embryos and fetuses are not human beings .....but I think you knew that."

So they aren't human until they pop out? That's the viewpoint of the baby killers.

Stop hiding behind euphemisms. Call it what it is! It isn't "choice" it slaughtering children for the sake of convenience.