Wow , Eisley - what a cool site!

makes me want to dig out the canoe paddles & life jackets & go RIGHT NOW!

Unfortunately, most of the rivers around us are frozen solid, so I guess I gotta wait....

Still, now is a good time to start planning those trips - right?

ROOTBEER -

What skill level are your boys? are you looking for river trips or beginner paddling on still water? If you are looking to teach skills - we did a "canoe olympics" weekend last year to hone manuvering and cooperation skills. I have a couple of "games" your boys might like. e- mail me if you are interested -

tlaurat7@hotmail.com

Check out www.thunderbsa.org

That is the Flint River Council which is not too far from you. The Scout Camp is on the Flint River. They have some canoeing programs.

And a side note--- for the best barbeque go to PoMo's on Watson Blvd near Houston Lake Road. Order the shredded pork with brunswick stew and fried corn. Yummy!

I used to live in Warner Robins, nice town.

Isn't there a great whitewater river up in the mountains they're getting ready to dam up? You probably can get one last run in before the dam is finished. And don't forget to take the archery equipment! ;)

Serious, some of the best whitewater on the east coast is in the mountains of GA and NC. Warner Robbins is in the southern part of the state, right? So I don't know how much of a haul that is. There are tons of river services around that area, but the granddaddy is Nantahala Outdoor. Their web site is at www.noc.com .

Warner Robins is technically "Middle Georgia" but it is a good 3 or 4 hours up to the mountains in North Georgia to some of the well known areas such as Nantahala.

Laura, Come to Georgia, the rivers here NEVER ice over. { smile }

There are LOTS of swamps around Middle Georgia -- watch out for snakes.