On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you." When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. (Jesus) said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit." John 20: 19-22

awe and reverence for the numinous.

Ac, Peace be with you and your family. HAPPY EASTER.

PS: Be careful. Just remember that not all little round brown things are Hershey's little Chocolate Eggs.

And I hope it's warmer where you're at. It's 23 and snowing here. The Easter Bunny is redying the eggs white so they will be harder to find in the snow.

Thanks, Aquila,

Concluded is the Passover Seder

According to its law and custom

As we have lived to celebrate it

So may we live to celebrate it again.

Pure One, who dwells in his habitation

Redress the countless congregation

Speedily lead the offshoots of thy stock

Redeemed, to Zion in joyous song.

Next year in Jerusalem!

A Blessed Passover to our brothers and sisters in Scouting for whom such wishes are appropriate.

Beavah

HE IS RISEN!! HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!

"The Strife is O'er, the Battle Done"

1. Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

The strife is o'er, the battle done;

Now is the Victor's triumph won;

Now be the song of praise begun.

Alleluia!

2. Death's mightiest powers have done their worst,

And Jesus hath His foes dispersed;

Let shouts of praise and joy outburst.

Alleluia!

3. On the third morn He rose again

Glorious in majesty to reign;

Oh, let us swell the joyful strain!

Alleluia!

4. He closed the yawning gates of hell;

The bars from heaven's high portals fell.

Let songs of praise His triumph tell.

Alleluia!

5. Lord, by the stripes which wounded Thee.

From death's dread sting Thy servants free

That we may live and sing to Thee.

Alleluia!

The Lutheran Hymnal

Hymn #210

Text: Ps. 98:1

Author: unknown, 1695

Translated by: Francis Pott, c. 1859, alt.

Titled: "Finita iam sunt praelia"

Composer: Giovanni P. Da Palestrina, 1591, ad.

Tune: "Palestrina"

Blessed Easter, John

PS: Clear and 16F in Kansas City. The Ag station is talking about folks plowing under the wheat crop and replanting corn.(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

Thanks for all the good wishes.

We put our traditional Easter Dinner(Roast Leg of Lamb) on hold till next Saturday.

Sunday we have OJ's ESCOH, with family coming in from all over the world.

I'm not sure if this is the "Onion snow" ? Or if the squirrels are just shaking the dandruff from their tails?

I do know it's not very warm! If them squirrels have this much dandruff we have a real problem!

So much for global warming!

Ea.

Our family had our traditional roast leg of lamb last night. My beautiful bride enjoys the mint jelly which my sons and I find merely annoying.

I was recently chatting with a colleague about traditional holiday fare - turkey at Thanksgiving, ham at Christmas, tamales at New years, matzohs, etc. - and I spoke longingly of the Easter leg of Lamb repast. She looked at me like I had lobsters crawling from my ears. She had never heard of serving leg of lamb at Easter and moreover thought it akin to slaughtering bunny rabbits. (Which are also tasty, but are not necessarily holiday fare.) We did an impromptu (non-scientific) survey of our co-workers and came to the conclusion that the leg of lamb Easter feast is common among those of western Catholic and Episcopalian origins and far less so among those of Protestant denominations. But I have no idea why this would be ...

Happy Easter (though slightly belated) to all who celebrate it. In past years the family tradition for us was pork roast with gravy and potato dumplings (mmmm...) but somehow it morphed into ham and scalloped potatoes somewhere along the way.