Zahnada, I snipped and pasted what I disagreed with in your post. I thought that you were indicating that a liberal could not even rationally consider an argument on FOX. I took offense at the comment.

I see you were trying to express a different idea. Something more along the line of people's opinions are pretty set in this country. And probably something you didn't mention that the people are very split right now. I would strongly agree with both.

I am a believer in this country and its values. I have faith that the people will eventually come around to the right point of view. There is a lot of strife right now - a lot of anger. I wish it could be another way and perhaps it will with time. That is not likely to happen in this election cycle or anytime soon thereafter.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy wouldn't it be great if we had more than one source available to keep up with local and world events? Perhaps with multiple options in reporting and opinions and analyses, we could arrive at a reasonable sense of what is happening in our world.

BTW does anybody still read out there?

Sure do Buffalo, I read as much as I have time for. I try to read as many net based 'newspapers' as I can. Both domestic and overseas. Wealth of both sides of stories out there. Check out Refdesk.com for a listing of just a few of the papers out there.

yis

Wow, what a thread. As you can see, reading this whole thread, the media (which is in the entrainment business) is accomplishing their goal, which is to get people riled up. If they use lies or stretch the true a bit who seems to care. It's entertainment. People these days dont seem to care about true and integrity, but sensationalism (just look at all the reality shows). Most often times truth, facts and logic are boring, but controversy sells. The sad fact is that most people dont, or wont take the time to filter out fact from fiction. Look at how people vote, most couldnt tell you what a candidate really stands for other than the commercials they see on TV. What is even more disturbing is the fact that our children are watching more TV (instead of getting outside), and are sucking up all of the medias deceit.