The Comprachicos, Opinions vs Quotes&Knowledge

There was a time when I thought that WHEELER was FOG. I was wrong he was at least two other people.

There was a time when I thought that Jason was WHEELER. I was wrong, he was at least three other people.

I have been informed that WHEELER is now posting on another site and he is quoting me.Does this make him a wise man? Or me the wiser because he quotes me?

Hang on to that thought, while I get on my bike and search out a wise old Abbot.

While I'm gone feel free to discuss Scouts and Scouting.

Eamonn

There was a time when I thought that WHEELER was FOG.

Heh heh. That one never would have occurred to me. Wheeler was (presumably still is, wherever he is) about 100 times more "scholarly" than FOG, although Wheeler may have taken some of what he has read a bit too seriously. Ok, ok, he definitely has taken most of what he has read way too seriously. FOG, on the other hand, probably thinks Ayn Rand was Packsaddle's assistant principal in high school. :)

I crack myself up sometimes.

I've been watching for this one, although I believe I was looking more for a pheonix analogy, but that underestimates WHEELER's ability to twist text in unusual ways.

I saw the user name 9Ankh and it rang a dim bell.

A couple of days later (today) I realized that I kind of recognized the word Ankh as ancient and that the number nine is somehow related.

If you doubt my hyposisis, do a google search on "Ankh"

It is an ancient Egyptian symbol related to resurrection.

Here's a clip from a site found at: http://www.resurrectisis.org/Number9.htm

Here's a clip from the site and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was/is wheeler behind it (I'm done with the all-caps. He doesn't deserve them.)

To quote from one site (there are many:)

"The Egyptian religion began with the resurrection of Assur. From that simple beginning, the idea of Assur rising from the dead led to ever more complex ideas and speculation regarding life after death. The simple sunrise symbol representing that event developed into more elaborate symbolism. The simple sunrise ankh developed into the familiar "sandal strap" ankh which became the common form in Egyptian art. The sandal strap ankh was a compound symbol that represented more than just the resurrection of Assur. It also represented his travels and works after his resurrection. Although the ankh symbol evolved into more artistic and elaborate forms, it never lost its original "sunrise" significance." The site also explains how the symbol morphed into the number "9" in Arabic.

I may be wrong, but I'm probably wrong about being wrong.

Ahh the eternal paradox.

Eh, Wheeler?

Unc.

Do the research, Pack. Amigo, I advise you not to go beyond page two of a google search on Ankh or 9 Ankh. It gets into the occult very quickly in a very cerebral way.

It's a journey I'm sorry I took.

Most pages also tie the Ankh to the evolution of the Christrian Cross. The sunrise and the resurrection.

Someone, even if my hypothesis is off, put a lot of thought into that user name.

Unc.

Incredibly, Wheeler wasn't one of FOG's multiple personalities. FOG is alive and well and still promoting his own skewed view of life and Scouting on another Scouting board and getting called down by the admin. It does not have near the traffic that this board does, so I'm not sure how he is getting his daily "contrarian" fix.

How about this? Ankh also means, "life". So "9 lives". Hey, he's a cat food salesman! That's not so scary after all.

Gunther Toody, "ooh, ooh!", another thought...you suppose he eats cat food?

Maybe I went a couple of pages too far...(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

If you look at Ankh's profile, you'll find a webpage which leads you to his resume. His background and interests seem very close to Wheeler's. Hmmmm, you don't suppose that Wheeler and Ankh could be........nah, nothing like that has ever happened around here before.