WHEELER

I posted how I thought you would be as a BSA leader. You did not deny it nor did you agree with it.

Do you understand the patrol method? boy lead? The AIMS?

Quoting from your bible tells me nothing about you.

If your goal is to to confuse, you have meet your goal in my case.

It seems like you have a goal to change the BSA, do you?

To Mr. White:

This is a response to the post "The training of boys to Men":

Sorry I don't see your point. I have never looked at Scouting as training boys to be men. Even as a Scout Leader in Baden Powell's back yard we looked at Scouting as: The mental, Physical and spiritual development of the young person to become a worthwhile member of Society.

This was posted by Eamonn.

Obviously, this is just plain hypocrisy on your behalf Mr. White.  This proves my point and not yours.  Here is a scoutmaster that has been involved continously and what does he say:

have never looked at Scouting as training boys to be men. Even as a Scout Leader in Baden Powell's back yard

Then, I posted the extract from the l948 manual.  Proved him that he has a misconception.   So, Mr. White, your contention does not hold water.  With the post, "To be a Man" has taught something to somebody.  Eamonn has learned something now.

For having boasted of such a vast knowledge of our universe and displaying such an organized mind I am perplexed that you would respond to one thread by posting in another , and that you would take the time to vent on what you see as Eamonn's hypocrisy to me. Tell Eamonn.

I was writing to you of your glaring lack of knowledge about what the scouting program is or is not TODAY. You do not know. You have had no scouting experience in some 19years, you have never attended BSA adult leader training. You only seem to know bits and pieces of old handbooks and quotes from B-P that can easily be found on line without the benefit of contextual clarity.

Like Old Faithful geyser you spout off beautifully and regularly but you have no idea what the rest of the park looks like.

Before you tell us what we do wrong have the common courtesy to learn what we do, how we do it and why.(This message has been edited by Bob White)

It's great to see that the Library's open on this fine President's Day. Does the library let you use the internet and the computer all day for free? I hope you're not hogging the computer and not letting some taxpayer's kid practice Disney's Phonics Quest.

"Does the library let you use the internet and the computer all day for free? I hope you're not hogging the computer and not letting some taxpayer's kid practice Disney's Phonics Quest."

One day, I was stuck waiting for my car to be fixed so I walked across the road to the library. I asked about using a PC and was told that I could only use it for one hour. Back in college, if you signed up for a terminal and no one was waiting for it you could keep using it until the next guy showed up. I asked if this was the case at the library which prompted the librarian to roll his eyes and say, "Oh, you're one of those!" The silly system requires you to log off, return to the desk and sign up for a new session which will probably be on a new machine.

Usually I can glean some knowledge fom the posters to this site. While I don't agree with all the posts I do find the opinions interesting. The forum is set to share experiences and learn from each other not to rant on for two pages on a subject no one really cares about.

If you have the time to sit down at the computer and rattle on you should have time to find employment so you don't have to complain to everyone about your poverty level.

After that you could take some Basic leader training to get updated on the new BSA goals. Maybe then we will all be on the same page.

Until then I'm not reading any more of your posts.