What would you do?

I'm asking this question because I'm genuinely curious of what the consequences would have been in this hypothetical situation.

What would you personally have done if the BSA had fought the Dale case all the way to the Supreme Court, but they had lost? In other words, if BSA still tried to represent the scouting tradition that many in this forum support, but were unable to, what course of action would you take?

i'd'a stayed in and argued with ed why it was the right decision! :-)

seriously, more important than this particular question is, what would the BSA execs have done? and, what would the chartering orgs have done? can anyone out there speak for a chartering body?

This poll is too simplistic. Few would have quit over this issue, even if BSA had lost. I think it would have strengthened the resolve on both sides of the issue. Perhaps BSA as we think of it would have ceased to exist as homosexual acitivists had exploited such a ruling to force others to agree with them. Personally I would go to jail on a contempt of court charge before approving any such memberships if I were a unit chair. Wouldn't that make a nice video bit? Adult scouters going to jail in full uniform.