I find it interesting . . .

I've heard this forum referred to as an "online cracker barrel". Well, I gotta tell you, I've never seen Scouters say to each other at a cracker barrel some of the things we say to each other in this "online version". I've seen the same thing with e-mail usage at work. Not really facing someone when you want to insult them reduces inhibitions better than a six-pack.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to play Miss Manners here (or Mr. Manners, I guess), but Yaworski and NJ, if you two were sitting across from each other at a campfire, would you be talking to each other like you are here? If so, "no marshmallows for you!" (they can be used as weapons, you know)

KS

"Yaworski, out of curiosity I decided to check your member profile for this forum---it's blank. Interesting. "

If you were paying attention, you'd have noticed that I posted everything about me in another thread. http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=15201#id_15251

The profiles are meaningless since most of you use fake names. I could call myself "San Diego Sea Lion" and claim that I had been a Cub Master, Scout Master, Unit Commissioner, District Commissioner, and District Training Chair. So what?

"but Yaworski and NJ, if you two were sitting across from each other at a campfire, would you be talking to each other like you are here?"

Most liberals don't like to be in the same room because I don't allow them to spout their tripe with impunity. I find it interesting that the liberals expect everyone to be nicey-nicey when it comes to their beliefs and lifestyle but they have no qualms about voicing their opinions about your beliefs or lifestyle.

Watch any talk show with a conservative and a liberal. The conservative allows the liberal to speak but as soon as the conservative starts to present his counterpoint, the liberal starts interrupting.

Checked that thread you geve us. Told me nothing. Checked your website .... coming soon. Once again told me nothing. As not a member of the internet community (huh?) that option of knowing your training or scouting history is not open to me. Being a liberal or conservative is not the issue in forums, the exchage of ideas and view points is. Cracker barrel? Excellent look on what this form is. Thanks. Some of the problems we face have 'solved' in many of the late night discussions my troop has had. Free for all discussion is much needed and without is we have no freedoms or individuality.

Gotta get another soapbox, the old one is getting worn.

YIS

"As not a member of the internet community (huh?) "

Okay, I'll say "huh?"

As for those profiles, they're really meaningless aren't they. I have no way of knowing if your anonymous profile is accurate and I really don't care if you know mine. If you want, you can call NCAC and investigate me.

YAWORSKI said If you want, you can call NCAC and investigate me.

here ya go

YAWORSKI,MARK

PO BOX ***

POOLESVILLE , MD 20837

301-972-8***

Database last updated on 3-Sep-2002 09:53:47 EDT

I have not participated in this fray. However, I have to ask-

dan, Do you really feel it is appropriate to post personal information (such as a home address) of another poster? Even if you feel he's invited it, I think you've crossed a serious line.

All I gave was a town!

Once you reqeister a domain name, it is all avaialbe to anyone, He was at least smart enough to put a PO Box.

I refrained from putting in the Box Number or phone number, I may have stepped on the line, I did not cross it.