S.F. Judges told to quit Boy Scouts.

"Judges in San Francisco are being being barred from associating with the Boy Scouts bacause of the Scouts' oppition to homosexuals being in leadership positions.

The new policy, adopted by the city's Superior Court, prohibits the court's judges and commissioners from participating in any organization that excludes members... on the grounds that their sexual orientation renders them... 'immoral' or 'unfit.' "

by Stuart Shepard, 8-9-02

"CitizenLink"

This came up about a month ago and I tried to paste in article at that time. As I understand this position any person of faith whose religion characterized homosexuality as immoral would also be precluded from being a judge. The boy scouts are just more visible on this issue.

eisely,

I agree completely. The more press the BSA gets, the better. I don't consider most things that come from the SF area to be viable. Actually, the only thing I really liked from the SF are was the music that came out in the '60's. The Jefferson Airplane rock!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another example of political coerciveness gone astray in the muddling idea of "let's discriminate to end discrimination."

If Scott McKenzie re-recorded his famous song today, it would probably be something like: "If you're going, to San Francisco, be sure to take, your lawyer with you there. If you're going to San Francisco, you're gonna meet, some screwed up people there...."

Sad this world has come to this.