emb021 - yes I know that.. When it was JLT the district ran it (guess it was more conducive). When it became TLT they stopped, and it seems no troop took it upon themselves to do their own(I know ours didn't) ..

We were a pilot council for ILST.. So I (the brandy dandy new District Training Chair) asked all the troops I knew at round table if they were currently doing the TLT because I figured if someone was already doing TLT it would not be hard to work with them on changing it to the ILST.. NO ONE in the district did the TLT, more then half didn't even know what it was.. When explained it replaced the JLT some of the older SM's knew that and ask that I as DTC start that back up for them..

No one wanted to be the guinea pig Troop for ILST... Therefore with no volunteer troop, our district did not pilot the program for our council.. I know I was not the only district in our council that batted a zero either..

Besides the fact that we would have alot of grumpy people if we said training didn't count (especially when IOLS changes in the near future)..

WWWWWEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT :)

Try telling long time, experienced leaders that according to the council records, they are untrained, especially the three beaders and the PTC staffer :) Luckily they were in good company as I was aslo listed as untrained, and I was the training chair.

When I commented on the lastest Training Update at RT, I had a lot of folks ticked off, to the point some said they would quit if this was how BSA was going to treat them after they have spent all the time, energy, and money to get trained in order to provide a good program. They were insulted and disgusted. Luckily national is backing down some.

Though it's a mystery to me, some folks like long boring lectures. Unfortunately, these are the folks that usually are recruited for training cadres (birds of a feather).

If volunteers are staying away in droves, or must have arms twisted to attend, it's time to look at the "product." Maybe the product is no good.