I have finished my Ticket, and have reported back to my TG, and CD/SM. I will be getting beaded in March at the Scouter's Annual Conference. I asked for something really, really, small. Just a few Bobs, Owl, Fox, Bear, and an Antelope. And anyone else I know who happens to be around to be there. Nothing big. Finishing my ticket was a bit of a job. I'd hit a wall within my troop and new SM. He didn't want to support my ticket, And he helped me write it???

I feel good that I've gotten the chance to complete them, or should I really say get them started, because I'll be working them forever, making sure that they are a continuing process and standard. I was happy to have had the chance to go to WB. And I am happy when I get them. But I will be getting my third in August as a Staffer. So I will still have a lot to do. I also want to get more adults from my area to Wood Badge. The problem where I live is that many fo the adults either don't have the time for adult training, the distance is too great. 400 miles from Camp. or they aren't interested in getting trained. They think they know it all. I found out fast that I didn't know it all, and was happy to have gotten the chance to get educated, and to continue my education in Scouting..

>

You have done a good job I'm sure of identifying objections to taking Wood Badge. You will usually find barriers and objections to doing most worthwhile things.

As a leader, you need to identify ways to overcome those barriers and objections.

Just as an example, perhaps you could organize a carpool to Wood Badge, and take a decorated vehicle to various events and invite people to "Sign Up For The Wood Badge Trip Of a Lifetime"

Or whatever.

You have set a goal to encourage people to attend Wood Badge.

You have identified the common objections.

Next you need stretegies for answering those objections and problems.

SP, your right. I've already been offering this. I've also offered to drive home a drive right back tot eh same camp for Golden Eagle Youth course the following week to get boys too go. Still no takers on anyone's part. My next step is to go to other troop's meetings and see about getting some adults that way. i have one SM already WB. Helping me. And I'll send people's e-mails to my CD/SM so he can talk to them.

I've always thought that the beading ceremony was one of the most effective means to sell the Woodbadge program. Perhaps you could be a part of the beading ceremonies and offer to be of help to people present who might be interested in Wood Badge.

Eagle Scout ceremonies serve a similar purpose.

Agree, but this will be at the SAC, and there's not much time scheduled in for this. I want to have something small.. and most fo the people going to SAC are serious Scouters, and most are already WB'd.. we're a small Council in TAC.