Asked the Advancement chair if she could pick up the Den Chief cord and certificate, with the appropriate paperwork. She said it was up to the Pack and should be presented at the pack meeting. I thought this was a Boy Scout award. How does this work? How is it best presented? Who buys? Any thoughts as to when it should be presented?

My Pack presented the cords to their 2 Den Chiefs in a nice ceremony during the Pack meeting nearest the date each boy started working with the Pack. I believe that their SM presented them with the position patch at a COA. This year the Pack will present both boys their Den Chief Service Award cord at the Blue & Gold dinner.

The boys paid for their Den Chief training. The Pack has paid for the cords and the Troop paid for the position patches.

The troop picked up the patch which he has worn for the year as Bear Den Chief. He is now working with the now Webelos (same boys). I picked up the cords blue/yellow and now the multi Webelo one. The troop, after some consideration, picked up the red/white/blue service cord and certificate. I am thinking of asking the troop to award the cords and have the certificate awarded at the Blue and Gold in Feb...........thoughts?

According to the Cub Scout Leader book:

"The Scoutmaster presents the den chief badge of office and the troop leader certificate."

"The den chief is introduced and properly recognized at the next pack meeting through presentation of the den chief shoulder cord."

His den that he works with is near us, but 20 miles from where his troop meets. They are not a feeder pack for his troop, just near us. He does not attend the local troop for a variety of reasons. He recieved his patch when all the leaders recieved their POR patches a year ago. The SM didn't introduce him to the pack, mostly because he lives in the next town but the Cub Master did. He has worn the cords although they were not picked up by the Pack or the Troop. I was actually asking about the Den Chief Service Award Cords not the Den cords. Any ideas?