I'm a Unit Commissioner for a pack. A new leader in the pack is interested in converting the pack over to using a commercial pack software package.

This pack has sixty or so boys these days, and that is probably overdue.

He asked for recommendations, but I don't have experience with this kind of product.

Who can offer up their experience using this kind of software?

Our pack uses Packmaster, not sure about the full functionality as I only have den leader access, but it seems stable and gets the job done and we can access it through the internet. I'd like to hear about other software's though also.

We've used ScoutTrack and ScoutManage. Both have good points and bad. ScoutTrack seems to be easier for leaders to learn and use. ScoutManage has a more attractive appearance and more versatility. Both are clunky for emails. I don't like that ScoutManage requires registration with a separate website to communicate with the support staff.

Packmaster. I'm the CM and have full access to scouts, leaders, reports, advancement tracking, etc. I'm happy with the program. I'm sure there are other products that work just as well but cannot comment on them.

We pay extra for Packmaster "Dot Net" to provide access to multiple users and limit their security access based on their roles within the Pack (i.e., tiger den leader has access to tiger den only).