How do you incorporate your Den projects (art projects, poster boards, paper mache, etc) into the Den meeting?

We have nothing displayed except once a year t Blue and Gold. I would like to see this changed but want to ask others about it first. My first thought is a table in the back, which is not great but better then where we are now.

Thanks for any advice.

jzweiac - Do you mean.. How do you incorporate your Den projects into the Pack meeting?.. That would make more sense.

If so although it has been awhile, I do remember a table with projects on display.. More so I remember skits and plays and if a den get something that turned out to be an awsome or unusual activity, they got time to briefly discuss it, or put the den got a space in the newsletter (now adays it would be a web site).. That they discussed it..

Matter of fact with a web site, don't see why some pictures of art projects or the kids doing a great activity right on the website with a blurb about it.

Station some Cubs near the door as greeters, telling people there are some cool displays by Den 8 about fire safety on the back table, and have the Cubmaster mention them during opening & closings.

It doesn't need to be a regular thing, but den leaders should be encouraged to space out their program planning so that each den can have its own work highlighted and not lumped together with four other dens at the same meeting.

If it's a presentation, the Cubmaster can work it into the regular meeting program. I remember giving a report for the Citizen activity badge as a Webelos at a pack meeting with the other members of my den.

We put up tables on one side where dens, or the Pack, can display stuff.

Tables on the opposite side are set up for the Gathering craft.

This way Scouts and siblings can do the craft, and adults can look over the displays, while waiting for the meeting to begin.

Den displays have been hit or miss lately, but we have plans for the next school year! We will make den banners to place on tables at the pack meetings to showcase what each den has worked on that month. The hard part for us is remembering to hold onto projects because once they go home, they don't come back.

Not every den will have something to showcase every month.

Sometimes it is just pictures of the den at work, or on an outing. Sometimes it is a poster, or craft. Sometimes there is nothing.

Encourage/remind your den leaders at your monthly Pack Leaders meetings to at least take some pictures of their Scouts in action. If nothing else they are great used for an end/beginning of year slide show.