Changes to Tiger Program

I knew these changes were coming when I saw the little blurb in my Leader's handbook. I have not yet seen the new book but I am curious about how the boys are supposed to earn their Tiger totem since the Tiger Cub Motto has been replaced with the Cub Scout Motto. If anyone who has seen the new handbook could let me know, I would appreciate it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, you know I was thinking about the same thing at our Pack Graduation a few weeks back. I have not seen the new books yet. We will be purchasing them for our new Tigers later on (but NOT the spirial, way to expensive for the Pack to cover!).

I would say that they would just subsitute the Cub Motto, but with that being a requirement for Bobcat it would be unnecessary, & redundant, to also require it for the Totem. Of course, with BSA that does not really mean anything!

My guess is that they will drop the Totem requirements completely. Wolf & Bear are not required to complete any requirements in order to receive their Progress to Rank Totem, and BSA is bringing Tigers closer in line with the rest of the Cubs.

Any takers on when Tigers will get sew on electives like arrow points? They could go in the center, between Wolf & Bear! G-R-R-R-E-A-T!

• 3 weeks later...

Geez, I hope not. Most of the boys in our Pack who were even average achievers as Wolves and Bears have no room on their shirts. You look at my son's shirt and there is no center between Wolf and Bear. Pretty soon kids would have arrow points wrapping around their sides.

I spoke with my new Tiger Cub mom who visited the Scout Shop in our area to get his uniform. She inquired about the new Tiger handbook and was told that it most likely would not be widely available until these incoming Tigers were Wolfs. So, I will be taking this up with our pack committee chair to see what we are going to do with our newest Tigers.