Cub Scout Nameplates?

When I first started as a Tiger Cub Den Leader I was having real problems remembering the boy's names, so I went to the local office supply place and bought supplies to make cheap pin-on name badges. For the first few meetings I'd hand out the badges at the start of the meeting and then collect them at the end. After a few meetings I finally figured out all their names.

As a Cubmaster I guess I didn't worry too much about not knowing most of the names in the other dens at den meetings. I got along fine not knowing.

I don't see any harm in boys wearing name badges.

In our real life I subscribe to the scoutldr school of thought - no personalization on Nephew. Even when we went to Disney, he only wore his personalized Ears and name tag at dinner, not even on the way, but while at dinner. If the name tags weren't open for everybody to see (ie - covered by a jacket while in the grocery store) that doesn't bother me as much. He's 12 now and still doesn't wear personalized items. A name tag while at a Scouting event might be okay, but I wouldn't want to see him wearing it at the Scout Skills show at the local mall.

YiS

Michelle