Choosing another summer camp for next year.

I would suggest, for your PLC's consideration - Kia Kima, in Hardy, Arkansas; and Old Indian, near Greenville, SC (actual zip code location is Traveler's Rest).

Both had wonderful facilities, including a dining hall (although I am one of those who prefers patrol cooking over dining hall), overall good mb programs, and great staff. On the quality of staff I would grade Old Indian higher than Kia Kima.

Vicki

I haven't visited any other camps so I can't really compare, but Camp Daniel Boone is probably not too far from where you at. We have great facilites, at least that is the comments from other Troops. We are in Western North Carolina.

robvio,

not knowing where about in Kentucky you call home its hard to do an hour/miles estimate but I can tell you that the Blue Ridge Mountains Scout Reservation near Roanoke Virgina in Pulaski county is worth the bus ride. We drive by our own council reservation to get there and this year encouraged the boys to try a new camp next year...but at the end of the week we had 100% of our camper wanting to go back to blue ridge next year they have so many different offerings it is incredible.

They also pull it off each year with pazzazz! This year we had boys doing Brownsea, camp powhattan, the new river adventure camp, mountain man camp and Claytor lake water activities camp...food our boys think the Claytor lake camp has the best food of any scout camp in the country! Check out the web site... good hunting

anarchist