All but 3 counties counties in Texas are currently under a burn ban. I've talked to the county fire marshall and the ranger at the scout camp we are heading to, and they both confirmed that all open fires and even charcoal cooking is currently prohibited- limiting us to cooking on gas stoves only.

My question to the collective group is what are your favorite recipes that you would serve cold *or* would feed an entire patrol cooked solely on gas stoves?

Thanks in advance

We've done fajitas on the grill. cooked the chicken, then cooked the onions/peppers in a pan on the grill.

Also, we've done spaghetti, but we had a grill with burners, for the water.

The usual: hamburgers, hot dogs, kebabs (time consuming to make, but cook fairly quick), veggies.

A friend did a pizza on the grill (but he cheated and used a boboli crust, instead of real dough).

Cold salads (though you could grill chicken/beef/corn to serve on it)

Just had a campout. In this heat in the Florida Panhandle, we don't really want a fire or use a charcoal grill (don't have a burn ban, it's just blazing hot). We had one patrol make jambalaya, using Zatarain's mix and smoked sausage for dinner. The other patrol made tacos, with beans and yellow rice. All on the stove. We have ovens that go on top of our camp stoves, and on other campouts, the boys have made pizza on it.

I am amazed, we have not been permitted to cook over camp fires in years at our scout camps. We are not permitted to collect fire wood on them, and we are not permitted to transport fire wood by state law, emeral ash borer. now there is another new bug so even though our entire state is in the emeral quarantine zone, the new bug does not permit us to transport county to county again.

Cooking on camp stoves is no biggy and probably easier.

Last fall, one of my youth arranged for Kielbasa foil packs on a Weber gas grill. They turned out really well. Not something you can pack in a long ways, but plenty good if you can bring a car in.

My question to the collective group is what are your favorite recipes that you would serve cold *or* would feed an entire patrol cooked solely on gas stoves?

Serve cold? Egads!

Of course yeh can feed an entire patrol on food cooked solely on gas stoves. In fact, yeh can do anything yeh want on da little MSR backpacker stoves if yeh prefer. Beef Wellington, pizza, chili and field-baked corn bread, crab cakes, stir fries, pastas, lasagnas, quiches and curries. Whatever is your pleasure.

Beavah