There appears to be quite a few message in the Camping and High Adventure Forum (and some of the other forums) dealing with equipment topics (tents, lights, packs, boots, stoves, etc.)

I think it would be a good idea to have a separate forum area on Scouter.com Forum dedicated to equipment.

That way all that equipment could be in one area making it easier to read, etc.

What do the rest of you think?

I see it both ways. I could see it being a good thing because not everybody wants to see that.

Also, though, there are some that might read it sometimes, but not always and would find that it would be just another thing to click and wait for;)

I, though, would vote yes:)

I really enjoy reading the postings about equipment. I don't post in them very much, unless to ask a question. There are a lot of people who really do know a lot about some neat stuff. So count me in.

Yes.

Eamonn

I sent an offline message to management of the Forums about 4 months ago suggesting the same, creating a separate forum where we all can use to post our independent product evaluation, suggestion,recommendation, etc. To date, no reply. There are times that I need to find review on a tent, cooking gear, packing gear ... and can't find one (that a scout or scouter posted). I'd say ... it's a great idea. I'm all for it!

1Hour

Scouter Terry ... thanks for the new section. One other request ... if it is possible, can you move some of the good Topics on equipment in the Camping & High Adventure Forum to this new Section? Just curious ... 'cause it'll be great to have all of the reviews and suggestion in the same place. Topics like:

"Backpack Stove, What to Buy"

"Looking for Tarp"

"Looking for Backpack"

"Sleeping Bags"

"Pad Under Sleeping Bag?"

"Inexpensive Lantern"

"Backpacking Tents"

"Rain Gear"

"Pocketknives"

"Ground Cloth Materials"

"Kelty 50th Anniv frame - pros/cons"

"Got LED Flashlight Yet?"