New uniform pants

No not the ones above. I just received a newsletter from my council advertising the "New Microfiber Switchbacks"

Can't post a pic, but here is the text of the message

Made of a durable, lightweight polyester microfiber fabric, this pant offers enhanced comfort, protection, and design features.

Added Protection Improved Fit and Comfort

Excellent Sun Protection-offers a UPF rating of 40+ to protect you from the sun's rays

Superior Moisture Control- wicks perspiration away from body and toward surface of garment for quick evaporation, keeping you cool when it's hot, and dry when it's cold

Aegis Microbe Shield antimicrobial technology-advanced protection against the growth of odor-causing bacteria

Streamlined front pockets with drain holes

Zip-off leg converts pant into shorts

Unhemmed so you can customize the length

Available in Youth, Men's and Ladies' sizes

Youth Pant $39.99 Adult Pant $44.99

trying to describe it here. They are switchbacks but the cargo pockets are on the front, kinda like the last ODL pants, and it looks like the pocket is smaller. Still no zipper in the legs. I really think that if A) the 1st gen Switchbacks were properly sized or B) it was obviously stated what waist sized ( actual inches, not S,M ,L,XL) then the zippered Switchbacks would be very popular.

I just sent my order to my local Scout Shop, and they sent the shop's order today. They say that National says that all in on stock. In fact, several of the youth size older new shirts are already out of stock, and being replaced with these. I should have my new, new, shirt and pants in two weeks.

YAH!!!

Good looking uniform shirt. I don't care for the all polyester fabric. I prefer a cotton/poly blend.

As for the pants, I don't care for front cargo pockets and the all polyester fabric. I'll stick with my centennial cotton blend canvas zip-off pants.

This really annoys me. I just updated my old uniforms with the new centennial uniforms and now they do another update???