New Venturing Shirt with OA Flap

I don't see anything incorrect about this.

Somehow I think whoever designed it was trying to subtly discourage the wearing of OA flaps, which I think was kind of dump. A lot of arrowmen (myself included) are ONLY involved in Venturing.

This is one (of several) reasons why I have no plans on getting this new shirt. Besides, I have plenty of the previous shirts I can wear instead.

Not much enthusiasm for the new shirts around here.

Venturer's rarely have OA Flaps. So although there's nothing against them, it probably wasn't a design consideration.

emb021

I agree with you, the new Venturing shirt is poorly designed and seems to discourage the idea that Venturers still wear OA flaps. Thank goodness there are still some of the prior shirts still available. I feel sorry for summer camp and jamboree Venturers who may be forced to wear those new shirts, IMO, it is just another slap in the face of Venturing by National.

I have both shirts. I love the older one, and find the newer one as if it was designed to be worn without patches on the shirt.. sort of like the long sleeve outdoor activities shirt that used to be around a couple of years ago..

jrush

You miss the point entirely, there are MANY Venturing youth and adults,former boy scouts and boy scout leaders, who are still active in the OA, at least in my council. Your explanation is not only ridiculous but isn't even logical.

Will I wouldn't have put it as forcefully as BadenP did, he's right.

I'm one of those people.

I'm a vigil honor member of the OA and involved in Venturing & Sea Scouting. In fact, the only BSA programs I am involved in are: Venturing, Sea Scouts, and OA.

It also ignores the fact that many use the flap-shaped Corps of Discovery patch. And I know of one council VOA that uses a flap-shaped patch.

But I have about 8 of the old shirts, so I'm good...

j rush

More probable is that National is trying to find a way to get more Venturers into the new shirt (think of all the potential new income) by making it seem less uniformlike. However the teens don't buy into it so once again national supply failed to sell their even higher priced non uniform uniform shirt to the masses and crews will continue to design their own uniforms. The OA flap pocket I am willing to bet was more of an oversight by the National Mazzucca Uniform Designers, NMUD for short, back to the drawing board people.