Temporary patches from Cub Scout to Boy Scout

May a Boy Scout can wear a temporary patch they 'earned' when they were a Cub Scout? My son earned a Historic Trail patch as a CS right before he bridged over to BS and would like to wear it now.

Thanks for your help!

I'd have him ask his Patrol Leader, SPL, and Scoutmaster :)

Personally, I'd leave it on my Cubbing brag vest. He'll have plenty of Boy Scout patches soon enough, especially if you take him to an International event in Europe, vice staying purely in the TransAtlantic Council.

Oops, guess I need to change that. We just moved back to the US. I was bummed we had to move right after he bridged to Boy Scouts. It would have been so neat for him to do some of the international events coming up. Nothing was ever available like that for them as Cubs. :(

If it's THE Historic Trail Award patch, it doesn't go on the uniform or official jackets at all. If it's a patch he earned for a specific event, then it's OK. "Temporary" patches are as temporary as the wearer wants them to be. That being said, patches earned as a Cub are not usually worn as a Boy Scout. It shouldn't be too long before he earns another one to fill that space.

No, it's not the that one, it is the Battle of the Bulge Historical Trail patch. The TransAtlantic Council created it to recognize Boy Scouts that completed the requirements. So would that be considered a temporary patch?

"it is the Battle of the Bulge Historical Trail patch. The TransAtlantic Council created it to recognize Boy Scouts that completed the requirements. So would that be considered a temporary patch?"

Yes, it would be considered a temporary patch and worn on the right pocket.

As scoutldr noted, usually one does not wear patches earned/received as a Cub Scout on a Boy Scout uniform (exceptions are AOL and the religious awards/knot). There is no restriction regarding temporary patches, its more of a general practice. If he wants to wear it, there is nothing preventing him.