Are Your Knots Right-Side-Up?

I have never been one to harass scouts/scouters about specific patch placement or orientation. In fact the only time that I remember offering unsolicited advice on unifoming is when I found a scout with his Star rank patch on up-side down (probably deliberately).

What has really tripped my nerves on this issue is a couple of unit leaders that have taken to nit-picking boys for minor infractions such as the CSP not "touching" seam and the numbers etc. One of these adult leaders has been wearing his Eagle knot upside-down for at least the two years I have known him. It is not as easy to tell for some of the other knots such as the green "Boy Scout Leader" award, but the Insignia guide clearly states how to tell which side goes up! (sorry not sure which page).

I have resisted the urge to "call him out" on his mistake.

If a boy is trying to get it right, I would never nit-pik his efforts. And for any of you leaders that are "nit-pickers" please make sure that your own stuff is correct.

CE

I have ordered a life time supply of the new Badge Magic stuff. Sad to say I am severely sewing impaired. Yes I do have one knot on one shirt upside down.

This was pointed out to me by a unit commissioner, an old guy who I nicknamed Pockets. While I never called him this to his face and I also know it was very Un-Scout-like, the reason for calling him Pockets was that he was about as useful as pockets in your underwear!!

I wouldn't tell the Nitpicker, I would just enjoy the fact that he is a sanctimonious twit and leave it at that.

Eamonn.

I'll go you one tougher than the religious knot. How's a poor DE to tell which way the "Darth Vader" (professional circle) knot is supposed to got. I think I've got a 50% chance of being right when I tell my DE that his is on upside down ;)

Unc.

Right side up??? You mean theres a difference??? Oh Wow!!! I better go check my Knot! Yes..one knot! But Jiminy Cricket...this isnt the military...its scouts! Give a boy credit for even getting it on there, in the general area, especially if he did it himself!

Ang