Garter tabs and shoulder loops

I think I have one of those garters!! I've been wondering what on earth it was.

It came in a box of belt buckles, neckerchief slides, and the like, which I got on eBay. If memory serves, the color on it is red.

I will dig through my desk drawer when I get home and see if I can find it. :)

-Liz

"; would be nice to see the Orkin Man-inspired shoulder loop epaulets go. These just look goofy."

You are so disingenuous. Orkin man doesn't wear shoulder loops. If anything, the loops were inspired by the "combat leader" loops worn by the Army.

I don't care for epaulets and loops since they serve no function and honor no tradition but there is no need to lie about them.

Now Jim Fowler from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom seemed to always be wearing something with epaulets on it.

You remember Jim don't you? I can still hear Marlin Perkin's narration now, "I watch from the safety of the blind while Jim wrestles the 20 foot Anaconda in the slippery mud of the Amazon" and then later in the show ol' Marlin would say "Just as that Anaconda had Jim in its loops, Mutual of Omaha will keep you close though its Insurance program" or something like that.

Loved Jim

I have 2 pairs of vintage Boy Scout garters. They are new on cards and have never been worn. The cards say Offical Scout Garters. I'm not sure what era they come from, but the Boy Scout Insignia on them is a dark brown leather. I'm thinking maybe the 60s? If anyone is interested in purchasing them from me for $20 FIRM, let me know. I figure I would try to sell them here before posting them on Feebay, oops - Greedbay, oops again - I mean Ebay. :) Anyway, I will be more than happy to send you a photo of the garters. Just e-mail me at lady_m8@ yahoo.com. You can check out my ebay feedback (user name lady_m8). It is 100% positive.

I have 2 pairs of vintage Boy Scout garters. They are new on cards and have never been worn. The cards say Offical Scout Garters. I'm not sure what era they come from, but the Boy Scout Insignia on them is a dark brown leather. I'm thinking maybe the 60s? If anyone is interested in purchasing them from me for $20 FIRM, let me know. I figure I would try to sell them here before posting them on Feebay, oops - Greedbay, oops again - I mean Ebay. :) Anyway, I will be more than happy to send you a photo of the garters. Just e-mail me at lady_m8@ yahoo.com. You can check out my ebay feedback (user name lady_m8). It is 100% positive.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...