Best way to clean a Cub Scout cap?

After a few weeks of tossing their caps on the ground while we do outdoor games and sports, the yellow and blue wolf caps in my den are getting very dirty, expecially the yellow part. Does anybody have a suggestion on the best way to clean the caps without them losing their shape or getting damaged in the process?

I know my mom has a uhhh hat holder I guess you could say for laundry stuff. Think she got it at a discount store a couple years ago but they do work cause my dad is a carpenter and his hats get dirty all the time so you might want to try looking for one of those.

I've heard putting them in the top rack of the dishwasher works. Or I suppose you could wash them by hand and stuff them with newspaper to keep their shape while drying.

I've said before cub hats are really cheap and tend to fall apart. We've had more than one not make it through a full year. Be gentle with them.

Yep, the cap the boys have now is nothing like the one I had back in the day. You know, when I walked to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill. :) I still have my old scout cap, the blue fabric one with the yellow piping on the seams. After being thrown around, stepped on, dropped in the creek, etc., and then spending more years than I would care to count in a box in the attic, it still looks better than the new ones.

The Ball Cap Buddy is a frame that you place the hat into, then place the frame into the dishwasher. It works very well!! We do it all the time and the hats come out like new.

I am sure that there are many of these things available by different names. You can find them in your local 5&10 or dollar store. They are also sold in some of the mail order catalogs like Lillian Vernon.