I am not as up on all this stuff as maybe I ought to be.However I feel that our wise and learned friends will put me right when I get it all wrong.

We do have a young Eagle Scout who has taken to wearing his medal all the time.I don't know if he wears it on his pajamas or not but every time I see him in uniform there it is. I really don't care about the rights or wrongs if this young lad is happy so am I.

As all paid up members of the Uniform special enforcement branch (USEB-BSA) Are aware you are not allowed to wear awards from other countries on the uniform. The Queen Scout Award does come with a woggle. So every now and then I do wear it even though I know if I'm caught by the USEB I will foreit my place in line at the next cracker barrel.

I did earn the distinguished commissioner award while serving as a District Commissioner. The award was a nice looking plaque in a gold color along with a very cheap looking bolo tie also in a gold color. I wore it a few times but it didn't go with my boots. I do have a few awards but only two came with medals, The Silver Beaver which I wear to the Council Volunteer Recognition dinner. I do wear the tie tack to a few Scouting events. The other is the St Georges Medal the Catholic Religious award, which I wear on Scout Sunday to mass and there is a Sunday where the local Bishop has a service for all the youth that have earned the religious awards during the year. Some of the old timers do wear more then one medal at a time. I have a very delicate neck, so one medal and my Wood Badge is about all I'm good for.

My thoughts are that until you are 18 wear it when and where you want to. If you are now 17 it will take a year or so for the USEB to do all the paper work and if it goes to the big black hole that some people say is in ScoutNet you might get away with never losing your place in the cracker barrel line. Once you are 18 get the knot find a good wife who can sew or a professional who does quilting as a side line sew the knot on and start adding to your knot collection with the grace of the Big Fellow upstairs along the way you will have a lot of fun and do untold good works for Lads that will someday ask "When can I wear this Eagle Scout medal."

Congrats on earning the rank and good luck living up to it. That way medal on or medal off everyone will know that you are a very special person.

Eamonn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As all paid up members of the Uniform special enforcement branch (USEB-BSA) Are aware you are not allowed to wear awards from other countries on the uniform"

Not quite right, sorry. I'm a Special Agent of the USEB-BSA and here's the chapter and verse from the Insignia Guide.

"Scouters occasionally recieve awards from Scouting association of other nations, and it is important that they know how these awards should be worn. . . .

"1. They are awways worn when visiting the country whose Scouting association presented the award or when attending a meeting or functio attended by Scouters from that Country.

"2. Medals awarded by other associations are wron above the left breast pocket."

Although these rules specifically mention Scouters, I would apply the same rules to Scouts.

• 3 months later...

At every Eagle Scout COH I've worn my adult uniform as Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster. At my son's upcoming Eagle COH I would like to wear a suit and go as a dad instead of an adult leader and would like to pin my Eagle Scout pin on my son during the ceremony. Where on my suit should I be wearing the Eagle Scout medal/pin?

FOG says:

"I would say that any ceremonial occasion such as Court of Honor, Indunction into the Grand Knights of Snoober, or your wedding would be a time to wear it."

I went to a wedding this weekend, and while watching the ceremony, I was thinking to myslef..."I wonder if I can wear my Eagle Scout Medal on my wedding day" I am FAR from getting married, but when I do, my life long best friends are also Eagle Scouts, and what a sight that would be with all of us up their prodly wearing our medals.

For all of you married fellas out there, did you wear your Medal on your wedding day? Have you ever seen anyone else wear their medal on their wedding day?

I didn't wear any scout items to my wedding.

We were married in a very old church in London.

After the service, as we went to leave the Troop had formed up outside the church. None of the adults had anything to do with it.

A lot of the Scouts bought us wedding presents. In fact the ash tray that is by my side was a gift from a really great Lad.

Eamonn

The Photo of them is in the album

I don't want to speculate on what would have happened had I tried to wear my Eagle Scout medal at my wedding. Likely my marriage would have been brief, if not nonexistent, and my daughter would never have been.

I did want to respond to the post by OGE although that was 3 years ago. He said that the "Eagle is the only rank you carry into adulthood." It is true that Eagle Scout is the only rank that one can wear on an adult uniform. However, as other posters have said, any Scouting rank is carried 24/7. I am sure that persons who were Life Scouts or Tenderfoot Scouts or Webelos Scouts or Wolf Cub Scouts or whatever carry that to adulthood.

"I don't want to speculate on what would have happened had I tried to wear my Eagle Scout medal at my wedding."

Some women are so uptight about their weddings. It is almost as if the men aren't even involved. I wanted the men in my wedding to dress as Morris dancers and dance down the aisle whilst clonking our sticks. Did my sweetie appreciate that? Nope.