A few question about Going to Wolves?

I have a few questions, thank you for your time.

1. We are about to do our graduation from tigers to wolves. I was asked to plan the gradation ceremony. I was reading up on it and a lot of people say to keep the applause to a minimum in lieu of cheers. With Cheers do you do the same one or two over and over though out the ceremony, or do you do a different one each time? How safe is a chemical fire starter found on http://www.globalserve.net/~codyak/campfire/magicfire10.htm?

2. As I said, we are going to be getting our Tiger badges on May 22, as wolves every parent does not have to be at the den meetings? And will any parent will qualify as "two deep leadership" or does it have to be someone that is trained and/or a registered leader?

1. I think you should use as many different cheers as you can find. There are probably a lot on the internet, as well as in the books you can find at your council's scout shop or trading post. I can't help you with the chemical starter, I don't know anything about it.

2. There's no requirement that every wolf parent attend every meeting, but it could be nice if you can get it. Yes, a parent may count for the two deep leadership, but one leader must be registered with the BSA.

I hope this helps.

Unc.

1) I'm not big on chemical experiments w/8 year olds, but that's your call. We used to have the boys cross a bridge and then pull off their Tiger Orange t-shirt to reveal their blue uniform shirt underneath. I guess this is the last year for that tradition.

2) Any two adults serve as 2-deep, as long as one of them is a registered scout leader. As for parents at meetings, we encouraged our parents to stay, and they usually did. It helps with crowd control at that young age, and it ensures that communications are making it home. We've found that it is harder to get parents to dis-engage as they get into Webelos & Boy Scouts.

I have to respectfully disagree with you, Zippie. Oh, and apologize for the split infinitive in the previous sentance. From the Guide to Safe Scouting, which is published on www.scouting.org -- the national BSA website: "Two-deep leadership. Two registered adult leaders or one registered leader and a parent of a participant, one of whom must be 21 years of age or older, are required on all trips and outings. The chartered organization is responsible for ensuring that sufficient leadership is provided for all activities." So if the wife of the Den Leader is a parent and the den leader is over 21 and registered with the BSA, she can be the second adult. Don't worry. This topic has been argued before and probably will be again. Unc.