This just announced

... on Scouting's facebook feed:

Astronomy, Horsemanship, and Nuclear Science merit badges will have revised requirements in 2011. Archery and Sports merit badges will have minor requirement updates. Details when we get them.

So, start looking at Scouting and at ussscouts...

For those of us who have not (yet?) entered Facebook-world, is there any mention on there of when the Robotics MB requirements are coming out? Usscouts.org says "early 2011" but I don't know if that is up to date, and I also don't know whether "early" means sometime in January or sometime before June 30. :) Seems like its been awhile since they first announced that badge was on the way; when I first heard about it my son was still of "advancement age" and he's now 19-and-a-few-months. Oh well, he's doing robotics in engineering school, I guess I'll settle for him getting a job out of it rather than a merit badge. :)

The new Astronomy book is already out. We received them in my store during the last quarter of the year, can't remember for sure when it was. We have been told February for the Robotics MBP. Geocaching came in 9 months ahead of what we were told.

May find out more after inventory is over next week.