Leader Knot presentation?

We have the boys in the leader's den present the knots. The kids love it. It turns the tables so they are the ones handing out the awards, they always like being "on stage", and I think they feel a little proud of the adults for achieving something, just as much as we feel proud when they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the cubmaster of my pack and none of the other adults are too interested in the knots. I am working one of teh items on my wood badge ticket is to educate the pack on these awards, but now that i have earned one, what is an appropriate way to receive it? Just show up with it on my uniform? I don't want to seem to full of myself by asking another leader to present it to me.

If it is your woodbadge ticket to "educate the pack on these awards".. Just showing up with on your uniform is not the right way to go..

You may not have one, but if your pack has a Pack trainer, then they should help you in asking someone to present the award to you.

Otherwise ask either the CM or the CC (depending on what your position is).. Either one of these positions should be wanting adults in the pack to be educated as well. The DL I like the idea bought the Den of scouts awarding it to you, if a DL or a committee member you can choose a few scouts maybe out of a den your son is in, or the CM could award you with it, or the CC could find an ACM if they are not someone who does public speaking that much.

Next time if and old thread answers your question, great.. If not start a new thread.. More people read a new thread & answer it because it has the words "new" on it. But do not bother reading the older threads unless it was a topic they have been active in.

Although not completed yet yet it might be nice to mention that this earning this knot was part of one of your woodbadge tickets and a little about what would badge is about. You don't have to get into the "I am trying to educate you about it".. Just it was part of a ticket.. That way you educate them also on what woodbadge is about, although they may hear it again at your beading ceremony, if you choose to hold it in front of the pack.. it doesn't hurt to let them hear it more then once.