I am one of the 5 parents planning this event with our scouts. We are all friends and our boys are all friends and we decided to do this together. We then realized that these boys were from 2 of the parents (original den leaders)den. We thought this was quite an accomplishment and would like to honor the boys in this manner. We will ask for troop assistance as needed. All of the parents have been involved in scouting as den leaders and cub masters and some continued into the Troop. We are looking for any suggestions for doing a multiple ceremonies.

Congratulations to all five of the young men!!!! :)

I was in your shoes about a year ago, as my son made his Eagle. Here are some things we did for the ECOH our young men had:

1) We made arrangements to publicize the event afterward with their HS and churches. Five Eagles at once in one school is sorta special :)

2) We asked our Congressman to make a "1 minute" floor speech about each young man. The youth then got a presentation copy of the Congressional Record of the speech!

3) We asked our State Senator and General Assemblyman for recognition resolutions honoring the young men. These are always voted unanimously, and our State Printer makes and frames engraved parchment copies of the resolution.

4) Hold the ECOH someplace special to the five young men!

5) Hopefully, there's been an elder Eagle who's been a mentor all along the way. Have the young Eagles ask him to be your guest speaker.

6) Take the time to do the program right. Pictures of the young men then and now, a summary of the big things they've done in Scouting, the concept paragraph from their Eagle Leadership Service Project... let the program be about the young men, not about the unit.

HTH! :)

Congratulations again!(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

Thank you for the suggestions and your step by step ideas. We will plan this right as it is a great accomplishment on the boys part. I will offer the boys your congratulations. We are all very proud of our boys. We hadn't thought about a brief commentary on their projects. I think that idea is great.

5 sets of proud parents and successful youth in Wisconsin.

Great accomplishment - congrats to the lads, their parents, and their leaders.

In my opinion, it will be important in this ceremony to make sure each new Eagle Scout is recognized individually - that they each have an equal share of the spotlight all to themselves. This could be done by calling up each Scout, and his parents, individually, have a presenter introduce the Eagle by talking about the Scout's trail to Eagle and then present the Eagle Medal to the Scout and the parent pins to the parents. This could also be an opportunity for the Scout to present an Eagle mentor pin to his mentor, should he so desire. It would be great if each individual Scout had his own presenter - maybe have his mentor introduce the Scout - rather than share a presenter - do the Scouts share the same mentor or do they each have a different mentor?

As a "group" activity, how about having the Scoutmaster lead them in the Eagle Challenge? Someone else can read the Eagle Charge earlier (maybe before the individual presentations). For greater impact, have the Eagle Challenge read (and responded to - there is an oath the lads will repeat) right after the individual presentations - the Eagle Challenge ends with the speaker announcing them as Eagle Scouts.

Calico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How about a table for each one of them, so that they can display all their Scouting stuff? Even though they're doing it together, they still need individual recognition. Also, you might ask each of them to invite one relative to make a 3-minute speech (not a parent).

The best Eagle COH we've attended are those that are family-oriented. Not necessarily the fanciest, but the coziest.