On-line Advancement records

I've heard that in a few months it will be required that every unit will be responsable to record its advancement records online similar to the online rechartering.

Anyone else heard about this?

The complants I have heard so far is that you will still need to do a paper copy and the online version to record the scouts advancement.

Another problem is that only 1 person (the council office manager) can give this training as they need to supply a password for each unit to access the records.

The last thing is that a DE can cancel a units password, at anytime, for any reason, thus barring the unit from advancing any scouts.

Effective May 1st in my council. I just got the info today. It's been on our council's website for a couple of weeks. You can still do the 3 part form (if you'd like). You can't do Eagle rank or meritorious awards.

Summaries are available, and you have current records on all youth in your unit.

My Council is also getting internet advancement.

Look at it this way: Direct access to ScoutNet, and OWNERSHIP of data entry in your unit!!!

If your clerks are like my clerks, there are errors galore in the advancement databases at Council. Bottom Line: I TELL COUNCIL what a Scouts' record looks like when he achieves Eagle. They take my word.