Whos on Staff? Whats on your Agenda, I dont know Third base

My son (hopefully Eagle by the summer) will be on staff as an OA Trek Guide. He will guide a different troop each day up the mountain to participate in the Buckskin Games and other activities in the afternoon. He is very excited and is looking forward to meeting many new scouts!

I am not so sure he will be meeting OldGreyEagle as much as he will be meeting Pierre Aloysius DuMonde. The Voyageur turned Mountain Man turned Prospector turned gad about. Its about entering the unknown, what can be more of an adventure.

Will he be known as threemorrows or twotomorrows son?

I bet I meet Twomorrow's son as well since I'll be managing all the supplies for the OA (which includes the trek guides, service project guides, service corps and whatever else they have planned). It took pickup trucks and vans to manage this at AP Hill. I hear at the Summit I get to share a gator with other committees.

He will probably be going by his Texas name of Koby Morrow although I don't think he will be taking his cowboy hat that they wore to NOAC in Michigan, nor his toque (no idea actual name the red hat from Norther Tier) he wore on the Canadian Odyssey! Maybe he does need a coonskin cap! LOL

I should tell you a little something about my good friend Pierre

He was brought up along the banks of the St Lawrence River in a tiny hamlet close to MOntreal. His Uncle, Uncle Earl was one of the first Voyageurs, Earl has been a Coureur des bois but then became a Voyageur the men who paddled the big canoes from Montreal to the great old Northwest. The area we now call Ilinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and the like. As the fur trade grew, the routes the canoes would travel also grew longer and uncle would be gone for longer and longer periods of time. As Pierre matured he thought of the wonderful things his uncle had told him, of the great wide plains, the soaring mountains and Pierre wanted to see these things for himself. The uncle came back and announced he was retired, he could no longer meet the harsh physical demands of the job. Pierre said he wanted to go and his uncle gave him his hat so that Pierre would never be far from home and family.

And so Pierre ventured forth, paddling the canoe from Montreal to where Mackinac is now. He grew weary of being employed so he became a fur trader on his own. Exploring the Rockies in pursuit of the beaver. And let me tell you, he always brought his trusty rifle, dog, and the tuque of Earl

Pierre will be at the Buckskin Games, look for him and his signature red tuque

• 4 weeks later...