Merit Badge Recordkeeping at Jamboree

Does anyone know how the record keeping for merit badges worked at Jamboree? By the time my son got off the bus he was missing one full and two partial blue slips.

He believes there is some sort of central computer repository of these records.

Does anyone know how whether this is so?

Our troop doesn't use the BSA electronic advancement system, so I can't tell you how to go about it, but the theory was that when the boys registered for a MB at jamboree, their BSA member number was scanned from their ID card which directly linked the results, including partials, to their ScoutNet advancement records in real time.

If your troop uses online advancement, your troop advancement person should be able to pull it up. Otherwise ask your council registrar if they can access the data.

I was a Merit Badge counselor for one of the merit badges on Merit Badge Midway. We were told to record each scout's Name, Jamboree Troop Number, Region, and ID number from his Jamboree badge. We also recorded each merit badge requirement that the scout completed along with our names and signatures. We were told that this information would be recorded in the BSA central computers and that the information would be returned to the scout's local council and troop. We also issued each boy a blue copy of all this information for his own records in case there were any glitches in the process.

Yes, I understand completely. I think it's the BSA's way of teaching personal responsibility. Usually, a scout only has to lose his blue card once to learn the lesson. After that, he seems to take very good care of it.

Check with you troop and council to see whether they have received the records.