X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from New Member in Northwest Texas Council 587

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.
    My Name is John Paul Stoddard. I am currently a registered member of the Northwest Texas Council #587 as a Wolf Den Leader for Den 6 Pack 1 sponsored my Floral Heights United Methodist Church Wichita Falls, Texas and a registered Brotherhood Member of Order of the Arrow Lodge 35

My youth scouting experience began as a Cub Scout till Eagle Scout.

As a Youth I moved a lot so I have been involved in many Councils in Missouri, Kansas, Texas, and California until about 1978 when we finally found a home here in Wichita Falls Texas. I became a member of Troop 6 sponsored by Grant Street Methodist Church. While a Troop Member I served as Patrol Leader, Senior Patrol Leader, Troop Quartermaster and Troop Librarian. I also had the privilege of working on several summer camp staffs. Last time as the Dining Hall Stewart. I was elected to order of the Arrow Lodge 35, where I was a member of the Dance Team, Ceremony Team and served several terms as Lodge Quartermaster. I went to Philmont several times as a youth. I earned my Eagle Scout in 1984. Unfortunately after High School I went into the Army and had to drop out of scouting. I was Stationed in Aschaffenburg Germany with 1st Battalion 7th Inf Regiment 3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division 7th Corp USARMY Europe. After the Army I worked various Jobs that did not allow me time for Scouting. In September 2011 I finally returned to scouting as a Den Leader for Den 6 Pack 1 Northwest Texas #587. We just transitioned to Wolf Cub Scouts. Looking Forward to another great year in scouting

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Howdy from North Texas.

Thank you for giving back to Scouting and for your service to our country.

Got a lot of friends from the Falls, man that place is HOT!!!

Welcome to the forums

Comment

yea we have a tendency to get hot..
        high today was 101* sitting at 99* right now

Comment

Working...
        X