Moving to Columbia SC...looking for an Active Pack

Okay folks... military Dad here. I just got orders to Shaw AFB, Sumter/Columbia SC. I'm the current Cubmaster in my pack, but I'm not looking to take on that role again...lol (perhaps Den Leader...but also just happy to be a Pack Dad)

I'm looking to see if anyone knows of an active Cub Scout pack in the Sumter or Columbia SC area for my son and I. My current pack camps at least 3-4 times a year, has earned Summertime Activity 3 years running, Journey to Excellence (gold) at least the last 2 years, etc. My son just finished his Wolf badge and earned 1 gold/5 silver arrow points at same time (just trying to illistrate how active his den really is)

Does anyone have any suggestions for an active Pack? It's going to be hard enough to up-root my whole family.. I really don't want my son to lose his scouting spirt and drive by moving to a new area and finding out the Pack/Den isn't active enough to hold his interest.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this thread is still relevant but there are several active packs depending on whether you want one at a school or church or location, east side closer to Sumter etc. I assume you may have already found one, if not let me know and I'd be happy to help. I am a Pack CC for 3 years as well at our Troops CC.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with it all. I live in SC myself (a couple hours away from there, though) but its nice to see others on here somewhat locally as well. I can definitely ask around in our circles and see if I get any bites.

Thanks everyone. Family and I just did a quick 3 day trip down to SC. We don't have a house yet..but we're 99% sure we'll be living in the SE part of Columbia. I'll be searching for a Pack somewhere around there.

• 3 months later...

Okay folks....the family and I have arrived safely and we've found a home in Northern Columbia. I managed to run into a local Cub Master at dinner tonight, (he was returning from an OA event) and he recommended a couple of local Packs to me. So, we're here....and looking. Hope we find our new Pack this week.

• Downvote 1