Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite piece of gear you have in your kit?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear Nalgene with a solar light for a lid; the Nalgene light charges during the days activities. Now my water bottle is my flashlight, and I can hang it on the loop inside my tent, making it a lantern. When you can get one piece of gear to replace three (well two, I'd never pack a lantern) it's a very good day.

Less is more is my camping motto, and I try not to carry anything that can't be used for multiple purposes.

Comment

I have a Korean-war era GI canteen cup that I've had since my scouting days in the '70s...can't imagine being outdoors without it. I also have a BSA metal match safe, circa '76, that I carry.

Comment

Most useful would be my swiss army knife, the little saw is much handier than I thought it would be. The thing I would hate to loose the most is my scout sheath knife, been carrying it since '73. on pretty much every campout or hile I take

Comment

Cribbage board

Comment

The Estwing one piece hatchet my dad gave me. Still use it, use it in IOLS Woods tool training.
            Scoutson just gave me a NEW Estwing hatchet for Christmas! Boy, the comparison... a half inch shorter blade from all those years of sharpening...

Comment

Working...
            X