Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have scouts that play musical instruments (usually guitars and keyboards) play what they suggest (obviously within reason - Green Day Songs are a big one), Pictures of our favorite activities (these scouts love to see themselves on the screen), homemade movies, and whatever else they want.

We have some with scout cooked food, and some with mom cooked food.

Generally the scouts have MBs, other advancements, and any other special recognition in these ECOHs.

It is their activity but we do have the basic Eagle scout parts.

We try to make it a celebration of their accomplishment, more than just a ceremony. We still hold to the reverence of the honor, but try balance it with what the scouts enjoy.

It seems to work for us

Comment

Originally posted by ceehnis View Post
      Hi,

I'm new to the site so bear with me.

Recently, another scout and I from our very small troop earned the rank of Eagle. While both of us were waiting for our troop committee to plan the ceremony, we were told by our Assistant Scoutmaster that the other scout and I had to plan our own Court of Honor.

Has anybody ever heard of this happening before? What do you suggest he and I do?

Thanks much
      It's pretty much the standard. You have the privilege of planning your own ECOH. Run with it and enjoy. Google Eagle Court of Honor, and you will get many choices. Anyway, this should be an easy thing to do--you planned an Eagle project, and did a lot of similar things in Communication Merit badge. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
      X