Eagle Court Participants/Performers?

Are there any rules as to those 'running' an Eagle Court of Honor. We have in the past had 3 Eagles from Council 'performing' the ceremony with Troop support and MC'ing. We have been told that we can do it on our own and I have found many wonderful formats. Does anyone know if there need to be all, some, no Eagles performing the ceremony? I have found no reference either way.

Thank you,

Mark

There are no rules that I know of.

Many troops try to take charge.I believe the ceremony should be left up to the Scout with support from the troop leaders.

While it is the norm to have a Eagle Scout read the Eagle charge, I have seen the priest or preacher from the Lads home church do a wonderful job. If and when OJ ever makes it??? He wants his uncle who is an Eagle Scout to read the charge. He also wants his Grandmother to be part of the ceremony. At this time he wants me to sit back and say nothing ---Some hope!!

Eamonn

When I had mine last year My dad's scoutmaster (who is an eagle scout) gave the charge. He's been active now for like 65 years or something. I lost count. For presenting the medal I had (at the time) our council president who I got to know very well do the tlaking part of that. She is a really nice person.

There are no rules on the Eagle court of honor. Most court of honor are planned by the Eagle. It is customary for the scout to chose an Eagle of his choose to give the charge. At my court of honor i chose Dave Winters (Illinois State Rep.) to give my charge . it is also customary to leave a spot for the S.M. . So just tell you Eagles to enjoy the prosses and just be there to help when they get stumped while planning there special day.

DGL