New Registrant & Member

Hello everyone!! I signed up my 8 yr old son for cub scouts the other day and can't wait to be involved in scouting and do many, many fun activities with him and the members of his new Den. We live in the NYC suburbs in a small town about 30 mi N. I am very excited to be a part of the learning and outdoor activities. Thanks, Peter.

Hello pinto,

Welcome to Cub Scouts!

An early activity to do with your Wolf (?) Cub son will be to complete the Bobcat requirements.

These are listed in the Wolf Handbook, or if you don;t have that yet you can Google "Trail to Bobcat" and obtain a list of them. Some can be found in a handbook form you could down load into a small booklet your son can put in a binder and decorate.

As parent, you sign off those requirements when he has "done his best" to complete them. And that means doing his best while he is still having FUN doing them!

This is you and your sons introduction to Cub Scout awards and advancement ---- make it a fun learning experience for both of you!

Thanks for all the welcomes. I am all for the fun that we will have together. My son is very enthused and studies his books intently. I am going to pick up his uniform next week and then attend the next meeting on March 25th. My son is an 8 year old (second grader) Wolf Cub. He has worked through the Bobcat exercises and is memorizing the pledges. It is nice to see his dedication and his taking the initiative to read the scout books. Thanks again, Peter.