Hello from Cincinnati, Ohio

My name is Ted Langdon, and I'm currently serving as the District Commissioner of the Hopkins District, Dan Beard Council. I've served in many roles, youth and adult, and recently returned from a 5 year hiatus (well, I was still and MBC, teaching 4-5 scouts a year). I also worked for just under 5 years in a National Supply Divison scout shop, so I've got experience from that end.

I'm getting ready for Woodbadge starting 9/10, on a weekend course. I spent 6 years on camp staff, so I'm having fun diging camping equipment out of my scouting boxes to get ready for the weekends.

Welcome! Cheese Head here. Stick around, lots of good stuff from both sides of the fence! Lots of lively debate and pretty civil 99.99999% of the time. The other .00001% of the time is like coming off of 12 days at Philmont during the hottest summer on record. :)

Lots of good people on the forum, even those that disagree with me, but all are dedicated and passionate people with Scouting as a high priority in their lives. If that's you, you'll fit in nicely!

Stosh

Thanks for the welcome!

-jblake47, the 99+% is what makes any forum worthwhile. I can deal with the bit that doesn't... just have to shake my head and move on when I see it.

-prof, Uh-oh, the competition :) I worked at Woodland Trails for Miami Valley Council. Up until the re-opening of DBC's camp, the troops seemed evenly split between Ransburg and Woodland Trails. We always seemed to get inspection the week after Ransburg too, so we heard about the program year from them. We also got a lot of customers when I worked at the store from Hoosier Trails and Crossroads of America councils. For they guys close to the border, it was sometimes a quicker trip.