The Official Chain of Command?

Good choice Michael I am sure you will make a fine Troop Guide. Remember you role is to walk wit them or behind them and not in frontg of them.

Your goals to be an Eagle Scout is a great one. It is one that you alone can control and take measurable steps towards.

But remember that the same is mnot true of becoming OA Reresenative or Junior Assistant Scoutmaster. You have little control over obtaining these two positions, While you are welcome to offer yourself to serve those that select you are not required to choose you. It is best to set goals that you control trather than goals that are controlled by others.

Perhaps if you learn that lesson now at your young age you will not have the same frustrations at 20 that another poster has in his eagerness to be on the council executive board.

Best of luck in your new position Michael.

BW

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 6 months of being troop guide, I plan to be the OA Rep. come my 16th birthday my scoutmaster wants me to become a JASM (hope I am still a good leader in a year :D) So I guess that's my future in scouting>>

Outstanding, Michael. It sounds as if you have an excellent, clearcut path laid out that will help you grow.

I might only comment that you have laid out your short term and maybe intermediate term future. Longer term, who knows? You might just end up a Scoutmaster answering questions from Scouts. :)

We wish you well.

I sincerely doubt God is in your corner on this one.

"I was an instructor for committee training long ago, long before the new "Committee Challenge."

There was no committee specific training in the BSA prior to the introduction of troop committee challenge.

If there is no chain of command, why is everyone discussing who can toss who out? The Charter Organization is the only one who can remove a leader from a unit. The SM or CC can recommend someone be removed but they aren't authorized to remove them!

God is in everyone's corner but not everyone is in God's corner.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10