Oh Oh, I have one. How'bout:

Scout A has a major difference of opinions with Scout Leader Z who happens to be in one of the key adult positions with the troop. Scout Leader Z was already "friends" with Scout A on faccebook at the Leader's request (Scout A accepted it) and after the argument, Scout Leader Z writes snippy, snide comments about Scout A on Scout A's facebook page. Scout A tells his parents and unfriends Scout Leader Z.

Scout A's parents are furious and demand an apology and possible resignation from Scout Leader Z. Scout Leader Z responds that if anyone owes an apology it is Scout A, for having disagreed vehemently in the first place and that snippy/snide comments were merely Scout Leader Z's way of pointing out that Scout A's style of disagreement make it hard to work with or follow him. Scout Leader Z further suggests that Scout A's decision to "unfriend" him over this shows that Scout A can't handle criticism and is, in itself, unfriendly.

Who's in the wrong here and what does any of it have to do with the BSA media guide?

(yes, a real situation, though thankfully not a current one)

(This message has been edited by lisabob)

Lisabob's scenario pulled me into this thread. I had something quite similar happen to me a while back, though it was via email, not on facebook.

In Lisa's scenario the BSA Media Guidelines have no application.

Leader Z needs to work on taking the high road. What Scout A did in response was exactly in line with what is currently being taught in school to avoid bullying.