Larry the Cable Guy and the Boy Scouts

I hope you all enjoyed your virtual visit to our wonderful Theodore Naish Scout Reservation, here in the Heart of America Council!

Huge, huge attaboy to Mr Jim Terry, one of the two Assistant Chief Scout Executives, who at the time (2000-2005) was the SE of HOAC, and who pushed recapitalizing our two Reservations... Naish and H Roe Bartle!

I saw this last night, and I was pleased to see the scouts and Larry laughing and carrying on. Larry is a great jokester, and the kids seemed to enjoy his humor. Plus, the show did showcase some of what the BSA is all about.

Overall, I thought the segment was pretty good. Nice to have both Boy Scouts and Venturers highlighted.

Only nit was the slipup in refering to Venturing as "Venturing Scouts" by one of their leaders (who should have known better).

Overall, a good segment. Definitely a positive shot for Scouting. Was great that they did not edit out the "boy" humor when it occurred, such as the baked potato covered with mud. That is exactly the way kids of that age (and adults with twisted adolescent thinking)act and speak.

What did not make much sense to me was the uniforming. Reality is that they would not have been doing wilderness survival in a full "class A" uniform with necker and slide. But, it did add to the P.R. element of the segment, showing the uniform identities of Boy Scouts and Venturers.

Next we can hope National might find a way to get broader distribution of the Outdoor Channel program somehow. Also, a T.V. Mike Rowe Scouting segment would be a huge boon. One can dream.

Much to appreciate about LtCG. Only thing I do not appreciate is his less than family humor in his stage show and some of his "America" segmants.

'Course, I can say the same thing about alot of our modern day stand-up comics. They sometimes forget to "tailor" their routine for the audience. Robin Williams is like that, very clever man, but sometimes alittle too much raunch for the folks listening, even the so-called adults.

Still, good to see the BS of A on mainstream TV. Now, if we can just resurrect Red Green...