Voice of the Scout Survey Email

Has anyone else recieved an email with the subject line, "Voice of the Scout" with a request and link to take a survey?

The body of the email is as follows:

"As a volunteer for the Boy Scouts of America, we would like your opinion about the Scouting program. Please take five minutes to answer a short survey. At the end of the survey you will be given the opportunity to register to win one of five $10 Walmart gift cards.

Your opinion is important to us. Please take the time now to answer the survey. All survey responses must be received by April 21, 2011."

I got the voice of the Venturer one. They offered the chance to be entered into a drawing for a $10 iTunes gift card. Below is the full text. I did not know that the BSA had a "Director of Research & Innovation."

>>>>>>

Hello,

We want to know what you think about Venturing. Please take five minutes to answer a few questions about your Venturing experience. At the end of the survey you will be given the opportunity to register to win a $10 iTunes gift card.

Please take the time now to answer the survey. All survey responses must be received by April 21, 2011.

Click here to begin...

Thank you for answering the survey.

Pat Wellen

Director of Research & Innovation

Boy Scouts of America

National Office

Yah, hmmmm....

Interestin' that they're sending emails to youth members.

Not sure I would have recommended that without first letting adults and parents know. I can see that causin' some negative feedback.

B

Adults just get WalMart cards, while Venturers get iTunes? What's up with that? ;)

Beavah - The youth application does have a space for parent/guardian email address. I'd wager that National got the youth members' addresses because they were written down in that space instead of the parents'. Not sure how it would have gotten them otherwise. National doesn't strike me as organized enough to obtain and compile contact info from council VOAs, etc.

I got a survey as well and I am glad. The BSA is trying to take a step away from the perception that Irving is the ivy covererd utopia of scouting sending out dictates without rhyme or reason

I am happy,

Of course this could be a ploy to lull us into thinking our opinion counts, but I shall choose to be positive minded and happy

I signed up to fill out future surveys as well, I see this as good