Noob from the Hornets Nest

Hello, my son and I are new to Pack 94 in Charlotte this year. I was recently asked to be his Asst. Tiger Den Leader. Last night I conducted my first class with the Tigers in the absense of the Den Leader. This past weekend I was also asked to take over as Cubmaster in May. I suppose I will be here in the forum a lot, to learn from those who are more experienced than I am.

Welcome. we're delighted to have you here and hope we can help you.

If I may, here is the first counsel you will get here.

Take basic training now

Take basic training now

Take basic training now

Take basic training now

Take basic training now

You can start by going to olc.scouting.org

Then, if you're in an active district, take all the group training you can find - adult leader training, pow-wow, whatever - not only for the actual learning, but getting to know the folks around you. It's all about networking - not to mention that it's kinda fun to go to district/council events and know people!

Vicki

Thank you for the advice. I do enjoy going to the training. I took three classes a few Saturday's ago, and I have another class I am going to tomorrow night. I have also completed one of the online courses so far.

I guess I am jumping into this head first. That is why my son is the only one in his Den with his Bobcat Badge. We are really enjoying this together! Now that the other Tigers see his Badge, they are much more motivated to earn it themselves. And I think there parents are starting to realize that the Tigers only get out of it, what the parents put in.

It is amazing how much I have watched the kids in this Den grow over the last few months.

Hello and welcome. I am also in NC

Welcome to the Campfire and grab a cup of coffee.

For some information, there is a University of Scouting coming up in Raleigh, on the 1st of November. I know it is a long drive, but it may be something that you are interested in. There appears to be a lot of interesting classes.

Here is the link to the course information

http://www.doubleknot.com/openrosters/DocDownload.asp?orgkey=382&id=44962

I would be going except I have another scouting event on that day.

JAYMEDINC - welcome to the campfire.

Hope you enjoyed the Scouting Sucess Seminar the last of September if that was where you took the three classes.

Don't forget that Roundtable (the second Thursday night in each month) will also give you much information.

Your District has a good website with lots of information on it.

Say hello for me when you see Alan K at the roundtable.