San Diego County Scouts rock!

I am pretty new to the forums and have been a bit tentative about posting here as I know there are others in my pack who post here, but do not know their online names.

I am in my second year with our pack and have a fabulous Den. My son has made GREAT friends and I have also made friends with the other moms in our Den. It works because it has ended up that the moms in our Den have similar opinions and interests.

I really like our pack. The pack is not that old but has done a really incredible job of growing. We are now what I would call a mid to large size pack. The DM is super and has taken on a challenging job with enthusiasm and a great amount of care for the boys and families.

My vote is out on our district which is why I dont want to give any more details about the specific area. My feeling is that they are out of touch with current issues and are into the "well we have always done it that way" philosophy.

I truly enjoy scouts and at my age (we became parents later in life) I am pretty unwilling to put up with things which dont benefit myself and my family. The pack and scouts provides a lot of unique and challenging opportunities for my son and husband as well as myself.

I am a native californian, am a liberal and have a lot of unique views about some of the basics of scouting. But this world would be boring if we all had the same opinion, right?

Thanks for the opportunity to share info!

ScoutMomSD....If you ever are near the Marine Corp Recruit Depot out that way, give a wave to my Eagle Scout son who is in basic training.

Welcome to this virtual campfire. Hopefully, you will learn lots like I have.

ccjj