from Tiger Den Leader to Cubmaster in 1 year !!! Yippieee !!

Hello all-

Yes. I am that person who stood still while everyone else took one step backwards :)

I'm an old scout by my son's standard (but he's just 7). Was active as a boy and now leading a new generation in the adventure.

I began as a Tiger Den Leader last year and somehow now find myself as the Cubmaster of a very active and growing Pack.

Its hectic, its fun, its exhausting and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The kids are the best, the adults in our pack are exceptional and we marvel at how much our boys grow in a supportive family scout environment.

Hopefully, I'll be able to use the forums to get new ideas, solve challenges, and maybe give out a few pearls of wisdom along the way...

Thanks,

Dean

Congratulations on your new, expanded role in the lives of so many future leaders. I wish you well in that endeavor. I never served as a Cubmaster or Scoutmaster, actually, but have been a Webelos Den Leader, an Assistant Scoutmaster, and Unit and District Commissioner. I am now serving on the camping committee for a council I once served on camp staff. It's amazing and terribly rewarding work we do in the lives of young people.

Welcome to the trenches, and many years more to come.

Wil

• 5 weeks later...

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Harold R. McAlindon

"Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

"There go the people. I must follow them for I am their leader". Alexandre Ledru-Rollin

Only truly great leaders care if they are doing a good job or not - many assume they are because they have the title. I have always said if you are concerned whether or not you are a good parent, you ARE a good parent because you are ahead of the majority of folks who assume because they can give birth they can parent.

Keep up the good work.